Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Walking with my Buddies


I've actually been walking with buddies of the human variety, but instead of torturing everyone with pictures of us all sweaty and gross I thought I'd post some of the other friends we have at our favorite walking park. The squirrels are really really tame. Some people actually bring nuts there and feed them out of their hands. Others just walk around dodging them as to not trip over them. Okay that was a bit of an exaggeration, and some of us are a tiny bit scared of them. But I love that this park is in my backyard. Okay it's not really in my backyard but it's in my neighborhood. Okay it's not really in my neighborhood but it is pretty close. And it is a really beautiful place. Even has a couple fountains.

Anyway I have a few friends which shall remain nameless, that have encouraged me to do some walking. Now me and exercise do not mix, however with much careful prodding I finally agreed to join in. The first week I was so busy doing rain dances all day so we'd have to cancel our walk, I could hardly get any work done. No such luck!! So walking I went. I walked, and I cussed, and I complained, and I moaned, and I got sweaty, even had really dramatic fainting spells and all. Did that phase anyone? Did anyone call 911? NO!! So I kept walking. The second week was much less dramatic. I did complain a little, still tried to get out of it with any excuse, kept on sweating, but kept on walking. Amazingly enough week three has been quite different. I'm actually enjoying it just a little bit. Well maybe not enjoying it but must admit I feel better for it. And every night when I come home I look in the mirror and even though it feels like I'm walking my butt off, guess what? It's still there. If and when it does fall off I will post pics, but for now I'm off walking!

1 comments:

Janet said...

You're looking hot girl!!! You made us laugh!
Janet & Jeanette