Sunday, September 7, 2008

Grandparents Day!

Today is Grandparents Day! I know most of you probably didn't know there was such a thing but today is it. I haven't been blessed with grandchildren yet, but had a great day anyway. Tabitha and Randy are the luckiest kids ever. They have the very best grandparents in the world. After church today we had Grandma Child and Grandma & Grandpa Davis over for lunch. This is pretty amazing since entertaining, especially in my home is definitely not my thing. Way out of my comfort zone and usually ends up disastrous. Anyway, we had a wonderful time. It was so nice to sit and visit with each other. I only wish we would do it more often. How all of us were together and I never brought out my camera I can't understand but I do have the memories. We were so blessed to have had them as grandparents for our children and also to learn from their examples how to be wonderful grandparents when our turn comes.
Happy Grandparents Day !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so wonderful and I am so happy for you. I wish my family was close like that. we do have 4 generations living on my mothers side. I would love to have a picture all of us girls together but it will never happen since my mom doesn't speak to her mother. Great job on getting out of your comfort zone.

Rob, Brooke, Caleb, Sophie and Jake said...

Sounds like it was a nice day! I loooove the coffee table idea that Tabitha did!! Good thing I have no artistic talent, otherwise I'd be in the living room right now painting the top of our coffee table! Poor Rob never knows what to expect when he comes home- I'm always changing something around here.