Sunday, August 10, 2008

"Nephew Time"

We were finally able to spend some time with Russell Jr. The fact that he lives in Washington State makes it a snippet difficult for a lot of bonding time. He's down for the summer with his father, so we got to steal him away for a couple days. It's pretty boring at our house so I thought we'd have some fun at the local water park. Wednesday evenings during the summer offer quite the bargain. Six dollars to get in after 5:00. So after work Darin and I ran to DeLand to pick him up and met Aunt Wendy and Uncle Chris along with a couple of their friends for an evening of fun. Sounds boring with a bunch of old people I know, but Jordan was away, and so were Nick and Josh. Bad timing...any way while Uncle Darin waited in line for tickets, Russell played some games while I snapped pictures and watched. He really was having fun even though his expression says different ;)

He won a bunch of tickets and ended up giving them to a little boy and his brother. Awwwwww !!! Other than that the evening was a bust. Not only are we feeling the crunch of this fallen economy, so were the other 2500 people in Daytona Beach looking for a "deal". After fighting the crowd for about three hours we headed across the street to the Cold Stone Creamery for some yummy, million dollar ice creams. It was my pleasure to provide the entertainment for the evening by having a bird crap on me as we walked. (Hey, I'll do anything to make Russell laugh, and laugh he did.)

After the water park we dropped him off to spend the night with Grandma and Grandpa Davis. The following day after work Darin and I returned to play some games and have dinner before returning him to DeLand. We had a good time with Grandma and Grandpa, took some pics then off to take him home.

I was sad as I wanted to spend longer with him, but plan to hang out again before he goes home for school. This guy really makes me laugh.
And he's amazing as well, just look at those eyes!!

0 comments: