Friday, August 1, 2008

Call me the Dog Whisperer

These three beautiful little pups are my charge for the week. Karl and his family are spending the week over at Disney so Sam (multi colored),Venus (white) and Milo (black) are hanging out with Mercedes. Aside from the middle of the night bark fests, we are getting along just fine. Mercedes does not bark so when they hear a leaf fall in a backyard across town the frantic barking does give me quite a jolt. After I catch my breath, the dizziness, chest pains, and throbbing headache subside I can usually doze off for five or ten minutes, before the newspaper lands in the driveway of a house also across town, and so on and so forth. Anyway, they really are sweet dogs. Sam's visit so far has consisted of long naps and long nights of slumber interrupted by the twice daily feed and walking in the yard. His snore is very comical, however I can't seem to catch it on video as of yet. Venus has assumed her normal position on the back of the couch staring out the window anticipating the return of her humans. She hasn't eaten and is barely drinking, but will accept treats when offered. This was Milo's first ever visit at our house and he is learning that Darin belongs to Mercedes, and as long as he doesn't try any funny stuff he can hang around. He's tried to fit in best he can, but sadly has spent most of his time entertaining himself and wondering why no one will play. I know they are anxiously awaiting the return of their family, and even though they may not think so we really do love them ;)

2 comments:

Anita said...

Celeste, I miss you!!! :(
Where are you?
Please come and see me...
(don't I wish)...How's little Randy? How are you? This is my last week of this class. Finals!!!
Then I have 2 weeks off. YIPEE!
Love ya and miss ya! Anita

Rob, Brooke, Caleb, Sophie and Jake said...

How cute! lol those dogs remind me of my two- I love what you said about the leaf falling in the yard across town...that is so like our dogs! It feels like you're going to have a heart attack when they suddenly start barking like that- you would think someone was trying to force their way into the house. I hate it when they do that after we've been watching a scary movie!