Thursday, July 31, 2008

Lambchop has a boo-boo :(

Randy, my wittle lambchop has a boo-boo. Yea....okay that's disgusting I know. You're supposed to talk sugary sweet about little babies and little grandbabies, but I have to work with what I've got here. Randy is my little lambchop, and always will be so he doomed to be embarrassed for life by me. He loves his Momma more than anything and not embarrassed about that so I can get away it, almost always. So Randy comes home on Saturday evening and says to Darin and I "I guess I got bit by something" while showing us a little black dot with surrounding redness about the size of a quarter on his right calf. My response to this is the usual bite remedy I think all Mom's use "Keep it clean, don't scratch it and take a benedryl". Sunday afternoon he informs us that it is worse. Getting redder, larger, more painful, and swollen. So I kick it up a notch with the standard "keep it clean, don't scratch it, maybe soak in some hot water, add some tylenol or motrin to the benedryl". Well Sunday night/Monday morning at 1:00 am I was awoke by Randy letting me know the pain is so bad he needs to go to the ER. Now it's the size of my fist. He cut it with a pocket knife to try and release the pressure himself however only made it bleed and hurt more, so I pick him up, threw him over my shoulder...........okay not really, he hobbled himself to the car and off we went. Now I love my guy to pieces, but I'm a little irritated. Apparently his girlfriend was telling him all evening he needed to go have it looked at. His Dad told him the same, but he thought the best thing would be to wait until the middle of the night and wake me up so I can be stared at like the mother of emo kid that cuts himself.
Anyway the doctor laughed at him cutting it himself. Actually he told us girls just come in crying, boys always come in after they try to cut it themselves. Still have no idea what bit him, he said this is Florida, your guess is as good as mine, but something got him. He was put on some antibiotics and we were sent on our way. Today is day #4. Looks a little better but still hurts terribly, so I think back to the doctor we go. (Too bad my "Sister Nurse" went home) :(

3 comments:

Anita said...

OUCH!!!Is Randy feeling any better?

Anita said...

Bless your heart! You are a saint! When does Karl get home?
Love ya and miss ya!
Anita

One proud Mommie said...

OOO OOWWWwwch EWWW. Is wittle Lambchop all better now :) I want to see a picture of it, I think??? That Happened to me once on a youth conference canoe trip. In my case in was a deerfly, turns out Im allergic. My left foot looked pregnant and the dance that night was just punch and cookies for me.

to this day I belive that if I would have been capable of dancing that night I would not be single today..... LOL