Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Olympia...here I come!

On Monday I will be flying to Washington State for 3 weeks to hang out with Kym's children while she and her hubby Jim go on a Mediterranean Cruise. I'm super anxious! I'm so excited to spend time with my niece and nephews. I was able to visit with them shortly last year in Minnesota for Samantha's graduation, but now we'll really have time to spend together. While I am there I will teach Emma to read and possibly speak a second language. I will teach Davis how to drive and take him skydiving. Russell will probably be teaching me some stuff, and perhaps we will get him a concealed weapons permit or maybe a couple tattoos. Who knows, we'll see.

I'm not quite sure how well I will sleep. I wonder who will tuck me in bed each night and bring me my night snack. Don't know who will rub my feet when they are tired. Been thinking who will screen my calls, and make me bust out laughing when I'm just about to cry. See as everyone should know now I am old, and I'm at the point in my life where I need some extra help.(Okay I've always been pampered). I'm sure I can bribe the little ones into catering to me, but no one does it better than Darin. Since we married we have never been apart for more than a week and I'm worried how he will do without me.(Sounds like it huh?)
Anyway I'm really excited to be going and a little anxious because....well I'm me. I'm happy to be able do this for them and really look forward to it. Not sure if I'll be blogging while I'm there, but I will be taking tons of pictures :) This is one of my favorite pictures of them, but it's super old so hopefully I can take one just as cute.

6 comments:

Janet said...

Are you going to go speed skating while you're there? :)
Your family will be lost without you. Heck, we're all going to be lost without you. :(

Anita said...

Hi Celeste, Enjoy yourself! Those little one will love to see ya and they will pamper you like mad!!!I'm down in Vegas right now and lovin the warmth. I can't wait to see the kiddos. Love ya, Anita

PS: Take lots of pictures!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time we will all miss you!

We are Family! said...

Hey Girl!
You will only be 1/2 an hour away from me!!!!
We should get together!!!!!

manda carol said...

Oh, I'm so sad! Had I known this I would have said good-bye to you yesterday. Enjoy your trip. I am going to miss seeing you on Sundays but we've always got our blogs right?! Thanks for welcoming us. : )

Janet said...

I miss seeing you! Come back already!