Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Happy Birthday "Mercedes"


Please don't think I'm one of those crazy people who think my dog is human, considers her part of the family and all that. Mercedes is different you see. Although she is of the Miniature Yorkie Canine species, she really exhibits a lot of humanlike behavior.
1.) It is normal to pee on the bed sheets if they smell too much like laundry soap, clorox or fabric softner isn't it?
2.) I spin in circles, jump up and down, and run straight to the car when asked if I wanna go bye-bye. No matter if it's the vet, the groomer, or Dairy Queen. Doesn't everyone do that?
3.) Even I can hear a banana peel crack or a bread bag open and go running to that sound no matter where I am.
4.) When guests come to the house and use MY blanket to cover their legs, I too stand at their feet and stare them down.
5.) Even as crazy as this sounds I too try and bite anyone that tries to cut my toenails. That can really hurt you know?
Anyway, Mercedes is a great addition to our family. It's hard to believe she's 8 years old today. Even though the breed are typical 'yippers" she never barks. She never leaves the yard when she's let out, and scratches the door when she's ready to come back in. She's never complained when my house is a mess. Heck she doesn't even mind if my breath stinks. I do realize that it's not fair that I have the perfect husband, the perfect children and the perfect dog. I also realize I am super duper lucky :)
Have a great birthday "Sadie Sue" We love you !