Monday, July 7, 2008

Independence Day !

I love the 4th of July. I'm not much of a summer heat kind of person, but the patriotism, the cookouts, the fireworks, I just love it all. We didn't spend any time with the kids this year which was a little strange for us, but we still managed to enjoy ourselves.


This picture may be the reason for the kids not hanging out with us, but I'm not sure. Randy flat out said "Please do not tell me you are wearing matching shirts." I'm kinda thinking that their age is why they would prefer to spend time with friends over us, but I'm going with the shirts as my reason.

Our day started with a cookout at Darin's Mom's. We had all the typical cookout food, and a nice visit with family. After the first cookout, we came home, made some ribs to bar-b-q and headed over to our very longtime friends, Tracy and Greg's home. They've done a lot of work on their home since purchasing it and have done a great job. The home, pool deck and yard were absolutely beautiful and we had an amazing night just talking and visiting with old friends. We were actually able to watch some fireworks from right there on the pool deck.

Our Independence Day was a great day, just didn't seem quite long enough!

1 comments:

One proud Mommie said...

LOL I love reading your blog, you have such a great way of putting things. I'm diggin the matching shirts, I guess I am getting old too. Hehe:)